Role: Head of UX & Design
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive salary + excellent benefits
iTech Media is searching for a leading figure to take the position of “Head of UX & Design” and take ownership of our visionary design department. We’re looking for someone with a background of proven leadership, a user-centred approach, extraordinary design skills and a passion for UX.
We are behind some of the world’s most engaging and innovative websites, which service a global community within gaming, sports-betting and casino games. Our goal is to conquer this industry and provide our users with a great experience along the way. Alongside our talented in-house teams, such as Web Development, Content, SEO, PPC & Conversion Optimisation, you will play an important part in helping us achieve this vision.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be the established leader for our camp of talented designers. Our current team is 4 (in-house) Designers, with a small pool of freelancers we rely on for ad-hoc tasks.
The role will see you responsible for inspiring the design team, up-skilling them in various facets of design and also driving the productivity. You’ll play a pivotal role in the shape, strategy and direction of the design department, including responsibilities around hiring and 1-2-1’s.
What we expect from you:
- A proven background in growing, managing and leading teams of designers.
- Solid career history as a designer paired with relevant, up to date skills within various areas of design, especially UX.
- Great skills in Adobe Creative Suite or similar design tools.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Solid ability to work to tight deadlines, manage priorities and communicate efficiently with external teams.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating solid foundations in design.
- Be able to demonstrate a real passion for what you do, and eager to exercise creative freedom
What we can do for you:
- Give you the platform and support to excel - personally, professionally and with a winning team
- Give you a £1,000/year ninja training budget to spend as you wish
- Annual company retreat to have fun, team build and grow together. Previous destinations include Mykonos, Mexico and Thailand
- Annual bonus scheme based on individual & company performance
And all of these added goodies:
- Brand new, custom-designed offices with a fun and engaging culture
- Flexible working hours - you pick when suits you best
- Team Friday lunches - ordered-in from a variety of local restaurants (P.S. On your first Friday you get to choose for the whole team!)
- Birthdays off!
- Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit
- Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and well-being
- Choice of Mac/PC, Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones.
- Regular well-being activities - Mindfulness & Nutrition guest speakers, free Health Screen initiatives; Boxing, Yoga and 5-a-side Football
- Monthly social events including Bowling, Ping Pong, Office Parties, Summer Party and Christmas Extravaganza
- 25 days' holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional paid time-off when the office is closed for the whole Christmas and New Year period. Charity volunteer days.
- Pension contribution matched up to 5%
- Annual travel season ticket loan